2024 DaVinci Two-Year Scholar Award
A $1,000 Award for Service Learning Proposals from Students Attending Two-Year institutions
The DaVinci Two-Year Scholar Award is designed to honor students from two-year institutions whose academic accomplishments and service to the community are deemed most notable. Nominees will demonstrate the ability to integrate academic content into relevant applications through a service-learning proposal. The proposal should exemplify scholarship, creativity, innovation, and a keen sense of responsibility. Eligible applicants for this award must attend a two-year institution for two consecutive years as they complete their projects.
Presidents or Chief Academic Officer of each university may nominate up to two students for the award.
Selection will be based on four characteristics:
1) Academic GPA (20 percent)
2) Service Learning Proposal (see attached instructions) (50 percent)
3) Creativity and Innovation (20 percent)
4) Letter of Recommendation (10 percent)
The recipients will be honored at the annual DaVinci Awards Celebration, and will receive the first half of the award ($500) at the event. The second half of the award ($500) will be disbursed in October of the following year pending endorsement of an approved project supervisor.
Awardee attendance at the DaVinci Awards Celebration is required, and the Scholar’s home institution is expected to sponsor a table at the event to cover the awardee’s costs and help celebrate their achievement.
A complete application consists of five documents:
(1) Nomination form from a representative of the Office of the University President or Chief Academic Officer
(2) Current transcript of nominee
(3) Nominee’s completed Service Learning Proposal (not to exceed five typewritten pages)
(4) Letter of recommendation (not to exceed one typewritten page) which provides specific examples and/or evidence of nominee’s distinguished qualities and activities.
(5) Signature of an employee from the scholar’s institution stating their agreement to supervise the project (see attached form)
Nomination Submission: The complete application should be submitted electronically by February 9, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A notice of receipt will assure submission is complete. Award recipients will be identified by February 23, 2024.
**Several links are currently not accessible when utilizing Google Chrome. The confirmed compatible browsers are Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Firefox. For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com for assistance**
All forms needed for reference and nomination for the 2024 DaVinci Scholar Award can be found below in a downloadable PDF format:
The Award Celebration will be held on March 29, 2024. Awardee attendance at the DaVinci Awards Celebration is required.
More information on the Award Celebration will be provided after winners are notified.